Home » Posts tagged 'Office 15'
Tag Archives: Office 15
So you would have to be dead not to have heard the rumors of SharePoint 2014, SharePoint 15, SharePoint 2013…or what ever the future name will be. With the Technical Preview well underway, and lots of grins, smiles, looks of terror, and general “No Comments” from those under NDA you have to be wondering.
If you don’t know what I am talking about please read this post by PJ at Microsoft:
- Microsoft has promised a public beta this summer. (source)
So a news just hit the fan..EDUCATION 15? What is Education 15 you ask. A Office Education Application set to release with the other Office 15 products. May folks are expecting it to be a LMS system with tight integration into Office and SharePoint, leveraging all the power of Exchange, Lync, and Office365. Check out the post on Softpedia.
So as we get a few more bits of information, what do you think. Many of my colleagues are looking to see if it is a Blackboard style solution that can leverage SharePoint at the Collaboration and Presentation layer.
So many have sent me emails and a few text messages asking if I can tell them….even off the record…..NOPE.
I can give you some ideas of what people have been asking for on the sort list.
- Metro Masterpages (yep you heard me..metro masterpages)
- SharePoint Apps (aka Windows 8 Apps) the ability to leverage the Windows App Store
- Mobile friendly Masterpages (ipad and android friendly)
- More Social functionality (Facebook webpart, Twitter Webpart)
- A true Command Console
- HTML 5 Ready (webpart, tools, techniques to expand)
- So interesting right, cant wait to see. Other thought focus around the integration with Office365, and the Office 15 platform, more ribbon controls, more SharePoint friendly integration. I know there is a lot of buzz about possible Outlook integration.
- So as we wait on the edge nae; Brink of the Summer Beta we look for someone to give us just a hint or peek of what’s to come. Either way I will continue to send my Pirate Spies into the land of the SharePoint TAPers and see….just see what is in store.
If you are looking forward to SharePoint and Office 15 release, here you go. Here is the quote from PJ Hough:
This morning, we reached an important development milestone: the beginning of the "Office 15" Technical Preview Program. Office 15 is the codename for the next generation of the Microsoft Office products and services, and the Technical Preview is the first time we share our work with a select group of customers under non-disclosure agreements. These customers play a key role in our development process by testing early builds and providing feedback, which we incorporate into the final release.
At this early point in our development cycle, I’m not able to share too much about Office 15, but I can tell you Office 15 is the most ambitious undertaking yet for the Office Division. With Office 15, for the first time ever, we will simultaneously update our cloud services, servers, and mobile and PC clients for Office, Office 365, Exchange, SharePoint, Lync, Project, and Visio. Quite simply, Office 15 will help people work, collaborate, and communicate smarter and faster than ever before.
While the Technical Preview program is already full, everyone will have the opportunity to try the Office 15 public beta later this summer, and we’ll have more to share about the release then. In the meantime, I do want to thank everyone who is participating in the Technical Preview for their contributions and all our customers for their continued support.
CVP of Development, Microsoft Office Division