We are happy to start our new year out right with a both a new format, but also more talks and information.
So with the new format we will be having a local talk session, followed by a Sponsor or National View talk, the goal here is to give you more information, and fresher viewpoints.
Wednesday, January 16, 2013
from 11:30 AM to 1:30 PM (PST)
Local Talk (CSG Pro)
- Speaker: Jon de la Motte
- Title: Business Intelligence Specialist
- Topic: Power View and SharePoint 2013 Overview
- Description: In this session we’ll be looking at the new features of Power View and how its first-class integration with Excel 2013 will drive demand for SharePoint farms that can leverage it. We will be demoing Power View in Excel 2013 and discussing the changes to PowerPivot for SharePoint 2013.
Event Sponsor Talk (NewsGator)
- Speaker: John Worrell
- Title: Director, Solutions Engineering
- Topic: Maximize Your SharePoint Investment
- Description: Are you looking to increase collaboration within your organization? Do you want to learn how to maximize your SharePoint investment? Extending SharePoint by introducing social solutions into your organization can enhance team and individual productivity and communication. Join John Worrell, Director of Solutions Engineering with NewsGator, as he gives a high level overview of social collaboration in SharePoint 2013 and 2010. He will show you the out-of-box capabilities as well as ways organizations are taking their social experience above and beyond. Come see the impacts and business value that can be gained with social collaboration.
What: Portland Monthly SPUG Meeting
When: Wednesday January 16th, 2013 11:30am – 1:00(1:30?)pm
Where: Microsoft Portland Office 1414 NW Northrup St. Suite 900 Portland, OR 97209
Parking: Unfortunately we continue to be unable to provide parking validation.
Food and Beverages: Lunch will be provided by one of our new event sponsors NewsGator and as in previous months we need to get a headcount of how many folks will attend and want lunches.
Remote Viewing: We are not going to do remote viewing at this time. Too many technical problems.
Please forward to anyone who maybe interested in the Portland SharePoint User Group or this month’s topic.
DONATIONS: We are now taking donations to help support the group and keep growing our offerings. You can do this as part of getting your tickets, if you need Tax Donation slips please let me know at the meeting, and we will have them handy. As always meetings are FREE to attend and open to anyone interested in SharePoint. We do ask if you want to donate to the User Group we are a non-profit so it is tax deductible.